I saw this over on Sahi’s blog, My World of Books, and I thought it looked super fun!
1. What was the last book you read?
I misread this and thought it said, “what was the BEST book you read” and I almost immediately gave up on answering, because that’s impossible to answer. However, the actual question is much easier.
I reread A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer since it is FINALLY released on audio and I just finished A Heart So Fierce and Broken.
2. Was it a good one?
I loved it just as much the second time as the first.
3. What made it good?
You can read my full review here, but honestly? The characters. The subtleties, the humor, the perfect depiction of The Beast and his sorrows/guilt/regrets.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
As always, I would recommend this to people who I think would enjoy it. For example, I forced my niece to read it because I knew she’d love it. And she did.
5. How often do you read?
Every day 🙂
6. Do you like to read?
I mean… obvi.
7. What was the last bad book you read?
Hot Doctor by Hope Ford. I read it for the KU Weekend Readathon and it was kind of the worst.
8. What made you dislike it?
All things that made romance short stories bad. No character development, no plot, no point.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
I’d love to be a full time writer.
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
As far as writing style, I love Jandy Nelson’s writing in The Sky is Everywhere. Mariana Zapata has some sports romances in which some of the characters are so badass and dedicated to their sport, it inspires me to be more active.
11. Do you read fan-fiction?
I’m not a big fan of it.
12. Do you write fan-fiction?
13. What is your favourite book?
I think I have to go with A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. Sorry. Gotta be that b*tch.
14. What is your least favourite book?
That I’ve actually finished? Recently? The Kiss Thief by LJ Shen. It just solidified that this author is absolutely not for me. It has the one and only one-star rating I’ve ever given. Usually I will DNF books that I dislike this much, however, I kept waiting for it to redeem itself since so many people like it. And it never did.
15. Do you prefer physical books or reading on a device (like Kindle)?
I love the look and feel of real books, but man, the convenience of a Kindle is so glorious.
16. When did you learn to read?
I have no idea. Probably around 4 or 5 I would assume.
17. What is your favourite book you had to read in school?
As a little kid, I remember I was absolutely taken with The BFG – my teacher read it to us in class. When I was older (in high school), I was so surprised by how much I loved The Great Gatsby.
18. What is your favourite book series?
Right now it is The Caraval series by Stephanie Garber, but it’s likely the Cursebreakers series by Brigid Kemmerer could become my favorite. However, it’s unfinished. But from book one to the last book in the series, Caraval was perfect.
19. Who is your favourite author?
I think I have to look at this as, who consistently writes books that I love, and that would be Mariana Zapata. I’ve read every single one of her books and have loved them all and reread them all multiple times.
20. What is your favourite genre?
Adult contemporary romance.
21. Who is your favourite character from a series?
Rhen. He is, by far, the best beast in any Beauty and the Beast retelling. Also, I just adore his character so much. I want to give him a big hug and tell him that everything is going to be ok.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
I’m absolutely got swept away in Caraval. (Just as the book warns you not to do!)
23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Mother effer I’m still made about My Name is Memory not having a sequel!
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
Honestly? I think the Black Dagger Brotherhood series can stop now, thanks.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
That depends on so many thing. I’ve finished books in a matter of hours, in a matter of days, or in a matter of weeks.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
I’d much rather books become TV shows because they tend to have more time to develop and include everything.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
28. Which movie has done the book justice?
The Hunger Games was done pretty well!
29. Do you read newspapers?
30. Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
Only audiobooks. Reading in a car makes me nauseated.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
36. Are you a fast reader?
I’m fairly fast.
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favourite place to read?
My reading chair.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate when you read?
Nope, I can pretty much zone everything out when I read.
40. Do you need a room to be silent when you read?
I actually prefer some noise.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My mom is just as obsessed with books as I am. I grew up seeing her with a book anytime she had a moment to sit and relax. She’d never deny me books. She always encouraged my love of reading.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Eek! I’m not sure. I just started my latest book. It’ll depend on what I’m up for reading when I’m finished.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I was pretty young. I think around 6 or 7 I started reading The Babysitter’s Little Sister series and the Goosebump series. Then I graduated to The Babysitter’s Club and Sweet Valley High and Fear Street.
44. Who is your favourite children’s author?
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Brigid Kemmerer just because her book is so fresh in my mind. I want to pick her brain.
46. Which author do you think you would be friends with?
Mariana Zapata seems like so much fun!
47. What book have you reread the most?
OMG. Probably The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.
48. Which books do you consider ‘classics’?
Probably the same as everyone else?
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I think there are a ton of more modern books that would be worth reading in school.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I mean… it depends on the age of the kids in the school. I wouldn’t put a Sierra Simone book in an elementary school. LOL!