Hello fellow book lovers!
I haven’t done a tag in a while, so I was excited when I saw that Meghan over at Meghan’s Whimsical Exporations & Reviews tagged me in one! (If you aren’t already following her, make sure you do!)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (This tag was created by Okoto @OkotoEnigmasBlog.)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Anyway, let’s get to Meghan’s questions!
Mystery Blogger Award
- On the spot: favourite book from your favourite genre?
Omgggg – picking favorite books is always the hardest thing for a bookworm. However, it’s a little easier to narrow down by having it be in your favorite genre. Obviously, my favorite genre is Romance, I’m going to narrow that down to Contemporary Adult Romance. In that category, I think I have to go with The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (followed closely by Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover.)
- Favourite book of 2019?
I’m planning on doing a whole post about my favorite reads of 2019, but holy crap, I haven’t even began to go through all the books I read, yet! I’m not looking forward to having to narrow down that list, I can’t even imagine picking just one! Off the cuff, off the top of my head, I think I’m going to go with Finale by Stephanie Garber. It was by far the best ending to a series I’ve ever read.
- Can an author’s reputation affect your thinking about their books? (I like this question so I’m going use it)
Absolutely. Cancel culture can be very touchy, but some things are unforgivable.
- Any end of the year goals you’re striving for?
Well, book-wise, I definitely am on a mission to reach my 200-book Goodreads goal by reading as many books I already own as possible.
- Have you started thinking about your 2020 goals (if you make them)?
I’ve briefly started thinking about it, but not in-depth enough to make a list just yet! It’s, honestly, a little overwhelming to think about!
Three Things About Me
- I met my husband when we were 18 years old and we started dating when I was 19… and we’ve been together ever since. Things haven’t always been perfect, but we are stronger than we ever have been and I 100% think that has to do with how well we communicate. It took a lot of time and effort to get our communication where it needed to be, but it was absolutely worth the work.
- I’m 34 years old and my birthday is in June (my husband is the same age). Every year I take the week off for my birthday. I rarely go anywhere for vacation, but this year we took the family to my friend’s condo that is right on the beach for my birthday week and it was AMAZING.
- I wrote a book. It’s called A Soul Full of Stars and it’s a contemporary romance. Here’s the synopsis:“I’m the sweat pooling between your shoulder blades, the sheets tangled among your calves, the tongue at your collarbone, and the sigh caught between your lips. I am everything you dream about when waking, aching.”
I sent that poetic sext to a complete stranger.
And you know what the best part is?
He sent one back.
This is the story of what happens when a spark ignites and stars collapse. When words are heartbeats and poetry is a promise.
This is Sonnet Cole’s story, and it’s just the beginning.
- Romance Book Binge (Go read her book, too!)
- Confessions of a YA Reader
- Evelyn Reads
- Ally Writes Things
- CJR The Brit
- Perfectly Tolerable
- Book Twins Reviews
- A Court of Books and Love
- The Book Dutchesses
- Flying Paperbacks
- Book Dragon Lair
- Books and Blends
- What is your most anticipated book release for next year? Why?
- What is the worst book you read… and loved? Explain.
- What is your favorite winter tradition?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What would you like to see more of from bloggers you follow and what would you like to see less of from bloggers you follow?
My “Best” Post
I’m really fond of this post: Things I Thought I Hated in Romance Novels (And the Books That Proved Me Wrong)