The Month of Birthdays is finally coming to a close with my husband’s on the 30th.
This year was the first year of my daughters’ birthdays that I got truly sad and not just excited for what is to come as they get older. Particularly my oldest daughter turning 6 and entering 1st grade… for some reason it hit me hard.
How much longer will she think I hung the moon? How much longer will she want me to cuddle with her? How much longer will she play with my hair like she’s been doing since she developed fine motor skills? How much longer will she be ridiculously excited to see me when I pick her up from school, and just a little sad when I leave for work?
Impermanence is a blessing and a curse. The realization that it applies to all things makes you appreciate what you have, when you have it, for as long as you have it so much more. At least it should.
Anyway, enough with the boo-hoo cryfest, let’s get on to the books!
This is a fairly new feature I’ve added to the blog last month where I show you all the books that I’ve added to my TBR! (As if the thing isn’t long enough. I just purged a bunch of books and now I’m adding so much more. #ViciousCycle)
Here are all the books I’ve added to my TBR this month
(In order from date added. Titles link to Goodreads.)
- You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street #1) by R.L. Stine
- The Wrong Girl (Return to Fear Street #2) by R.L. Stine
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
- Love Songs & Other Lies by Jessica Pennington
- Royally Raised (Royally #2.5) by Emma Chase
First, OMG R.L. Stine is writing more Fear Street novels! I was OBSESSED with Fear Street growing up and I’m living for this comeback! I found out about it thanks to this post over at Sophril Reads!
As for The Simple Wild… when Meltothethany recommends a book this highly, you better goddamn read it!
Love Songs & Other Lies was mentioned by The Book Dutchesses in a comment, and I was sold!
As for Royally, I’d just finished Royally Matched and decided I NEEDED to read the rest of the series!
- Royally Endowed (Royally #3) by Emma Chase
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli, Adam Silvera
- Honey Bee by Heather Shere
- Indelible You (Imagine Ink #1) by Verlene Landon
- Uniquely Mine: A Fitz Series by Theresa Sederholt
What If It’s Us is another book I saw that Meltothethany rec that I saw from her on Goodreads!
- What Could’ve Been ‘Us’ In Another Time & Place (What If? #1) by Cassandra Magnussen
- Refuse to Lose (A Coach’s Love Book 1) by Alison Mello
- The Commitment (The Promise #4) by Kate Benson
- Crossing the Line (The GEG #3) by Jacquelyn Ayres
- Jasper (The Guardian League #1) by T.K. Lawyer
- Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1) by Kevin Kwan
I went to the Readers and Writers Conference in Tampa this past weekend and scanned a few books I saw there (and a few books I bought) into Goodreads!
And then I committed the cardinal book lover sin by watching Crazy Rich Asians before reading the book, but I’m rectifying the situation because I now own the book and will read it!