Who wants to take a mini bookshelf tour?
My bookshelves are a sacred place in which I hope to, one day, only have To Be Read ASAP books and favorite books. Right now it is kind of all over the place as I’m still in the process of downsizing, but one day I’ll get there! At least I hope I will! ::cries::
Anyway, let me know if you end up participating in this tag! I’d love to see what’s on your shelf!
1. Describe your bookshelf and where you got it from.
Because I needed so many bookshelves to fill my library (which is actually a dining room) and also because I’m cheap, I got all my bookshelves from Target.
2. Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
Each shelf holds a different purpose, but within those shelves, there is no real organization. In fact, most of the books are in there 3 deep and just stacked haphazardly because I’m a mess. Here’s a breakdown of all 6 of my bookshelves:
- To Be Read ASAP
- To Be Read Soon-ish
- Journals/art books/design books/writing books
- To Be Read at some point in time (books I will probably donate because my TBR ASAP and TBR Soonish shelves are overflowing)
- Classics/my husband’s books
3. Is there a book you received as a gift?
I have several books that have been given to me, but not specifically as a gift for any occasion. My friends and family know that, for me, browsing in a bookstore is 90% of the fun of buying books, so they give me gift cards.
4. Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
Yes! I was recently given The Good Girl by Mary Kubica from my coworker/friend. I also have several books that have been passed on to me by my mom and sisters.
6. What’s the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
7. What’s the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
The Visual Dictionary of Graphic Design by Gavin Ambrose & Paul Harris
8. What’s the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Mythology by Arthur Cotterell & Rachel Storm
9. The last book you read on your shelf?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Technically, I listened to this on audiobook and then my mom gave me the hard copy after she read it. Most of the books I’ve read lately have been audio or ebooks.
10. Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
The Everworld series by Katherine Applegate. I read them when I was in my preteens and just recently found them at a used bookstore and decided I needed them.
11. Most expensive book?
Probably these from the Barnes & Noble classics collection
12. Do you have the complete series of any book series?
To name a few:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J Maas
- Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent
- Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
- Georgia Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead
- Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
13. What’s the newest addition to your shelf?
All the books from my recent library bookstore haul:
- A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans
- Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts
- Rules of Attraction and Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
- The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley
- The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
- Of Love and Life by Sarah-Kate Lynch, Katie Fforde, and Sarah Duncan
- Ruined by Simone Elkeles
- Love Letters by Katie Fforde
- An Italian Affair by Laura Fraser
- Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- The Duff by Kody Keplinger
14. What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
Hmmm.. I think all the books from The Seven series by Scott Wallens. I read those when I was in my teens!
15. What’s the most recently published book on your shelf?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas. I very rarely purchase hard copies of newly released books because expensive!
16. The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
I have a bunch of art books that were my grandmother’s, I’m sure those are the oldest!
17. A book you won?
18. A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
My copy of God Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo mostly because it is falling apart from how many times I’ve read it and when she signed it for me, she wrote a spoiler on the front page LMAO!
19. Most beat up book?
How to Kill a Rockstar by Tiffanie DeBartolo. Can you tell she’s my favorite author? I destroy books I love.
20. Most pristine book?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas. I never even cracked it open. The version I read was my sister’s and I have it on audio. That copy is pretty much for show only lol!
21. A book from your childhood?
The Everworld series.
22. A book that’s not actually your book?
I have a couple of books on writing that I borrowed from a friend who recently moved out of state. Oops.
23. A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
“Apotheosis” I actually designed and printed this cover as a project in college. I had it printed on this textured canvas paper and put it over another hardcover book I had.
24. A book that is your favorite color?
The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy. ALL THE PURPLES
25. Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read?
Oh, Lord. There are so many. I’m not even going to try…
26. Do you have more than one copy of a book?
I used to, but I’ve been getting better about donating books before I purchase more and I usually get rid of duplicates first.
27. Any signed books?
YES! Apollycon was amazing this year and I got some autographs from favorite authors!
Do you think you’ll do this tag? Let me know and leave a link in the comments below if you do!